Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another good TEDDY visit!

Another great visit! At least I didn’t jinx us like I thought I might here. My son did great with his blood draw again, so well that my husband didn’t understand why another child was upset. He’s only been able to make it for a couple of visits and missed the visits where during the height and weight you’d have thought we were torturing him. Both visits he attended our son was an angel for the entire visit and was fascinated watching/popping bubbles and looking at the blood come out of his arm. I’ve explained to my husband that not every child’s blood draw is this easy and we’re very lucky the visits have gone so well for our son.

I know at some point in the future the blood draw may scare him. It’s been great having blood draws go well so that I know it doesn’t hurt. We think the numbing cream is amazing. He’s almost at the age where I expect him to remember the drill and get excited about picking a prize and our fun trip to the zoo or museum after his visit. I only hope the visits continue going so well for our son as it makes our participation in TEDDY so easy.

Now the hard part, waiting for the antibody results…